Thursday, February 10, 2005

Professor Lim Gill-chin Dies

I report, with deep regret, that Dr. Lim Gill-chin died on February 9th, in a traffic accident. He was an admired colleague, a dear friend, and a man of the highest caliber and character. As I write these words, I have on my desk an autographed copy of a book he edited, "Strategy for a Global University," which I meant to write him about, but I was too late.

Just two months ago, he and I and you were celebrating with him at the Year-end Princeton Holiday Party. In fact, his photos figure prominently on our web site. Perhaps no man embodies the combination of Korea and Princeton so eminently.

Please join me in mourning the loss of his wonderful contribution to Korea, to Princeton, to humanity, and to ourselves. No one in the world will be more sorely missed.